Agriculture is an important field of study. Being the largest sector of Indian economy, it is the prime occupation of a majority of Indians who entirely rely on it for livelihood. Study in agriculture involves a wide range of activities like research, teaching and certain supervisory works which are being done in the field. Forestry constitutes a part of the study in the agricultural science and technology field. It is also a popular academic discipline. Study in forestry encompasses affairs like global warming, deforestation, natural disasters etc.It focuses on the conservation of forests to ensure a healthy Eco system.Agricultural courses are available at undergraduate and post graduate levels. For undergraduate course, the basic qualification is 10+2 in science with 50 % marks while for post graduation it is a graduate degree with 60% marks. Doctoral studies are also offered in this field.Agricultural farming is becoming hi- tech now a days. The number of people engaged in agricultural farming are relatively lower though this sector presents opportunities ranging from government, non-profit organizations and private multinational companies. Major career areas in the field are includes: Agricultural Research, Agri – Business, Agricultural journalism etc. Many sub-sectors in agriculture could also offer employment prospects.Salaries in this sector are good enough. It can be from 7,000 in the beginning to increase upto 20,000. Agricultural scientists normally earn between Rs.18, 000 and 25, 000.Professionals in the field of forestry can be divided as Forester, Dendrologists, Ethnologists Entomologists: Forest Range Officers etc. who are involved in various kind of works.To pursue a course in B.Sc in Forestry, the eligibility requirement is Physics, Chemistry and Biology at the intermediate level. Post graduate studies in forestry is available in various disciplines. Even one can opt for diploma courses in forestry.Professionals in forestry can work in both government and non governmental offices, industries, organizations, or they can take up teaching also. More importantly they can appear in Indian Forest Service exams conducted by Union Public Service Commission every year which is considered as one of the lucrative career option.Salary at an entry level is around 8,000, after experience it can go upto 26,000, the salaries are varied according to rankwise in this sector.Many good colleges in India offer Bsc in Agriculture & Forestry course. Interested Students can opt for this course for which the eligibility is 10+2 (P.C.B./P.C.M.) or equivalent with 45% marksSome of the premier institutes to pursue courses in the field of Agriculture & Forestry
The College of Technology and Engineering Rajasthan
University of Petroleum & Energy Studies (UPES) Uttarakhand
Orissa University Of Agriculture And Technology Orissa
The Indian Institute of Forest Management Madhya Pradesh Forest Research Institute (FRI) Dehradun
Agricultural College and Research Institute (AC & RI) Coimbatore
Association of Fisheries College Maharashtra
The Central Institute of Fisheries Technology (CIFT) Keralathe
Symbiosis Institute of International Business Maharashtra
Agriculture and forestry are two industries which:1. Employ a large number of people
2. Fulfill almost all our essential requirements.For the welfare of whole of mankind, it is essential that these two industries function efficiently. Efficiency is closely linked to the use of the latest technology, machines and other heavy equipment. Improvement in efficiency does not come cheap.Forestry and agricultural equipment financing is the best way to overcome the problem of lack of money.Use of heavy duty equipment is not unheard of in agriculture and forestry. Hectares of wheat cannot be reaped overnight unless tractors, reapers and other proper machinery are used.A few strong men may cut a tree very quickly but lifting and transporting the tree over long distances is best left to cranes and trucks. Heavy machinery and equipment is essential for agriculture and forestry. That is the reason why forestry and agricultural equipment financing is considered so important.Parameters Which Determine RequirementsOne cannot adopt a ‘one size fits all’ approach with respect to farm equipment. The requirement of machinery depends on:o The type of industry
o The function it serves
o The scale of operations
o The capacity of the individual enterpriseModern Agricultural practices require equipment like:a) Grain Harvesters
b) Grain Threshers
d) Hay bailers
f) Power Tillers
g) Ploughing equipment
h) Planting equipmentThe use of equipment contributes a lot to the overall efficiency of agriculture. Unless genuine sources of forestry and agricultural equipment financing exist, high efficiency and high productivity would remain fancy words devoid of real import.On the other hand, landscape companies, although dealing with land and plants, require a completely different set of equipments. These companies need:- Large mowing equipment
- Edging equipment
- Mulching equipment
- Turf maintenance equipment, irrigation system like sprinkler system, drip system and so
on.Agricultural and Forestry enterprises may also need to invest in specialized equipments like automated milking machines, food processing equipment etc to come up with newer ways to boost productivity.Agricultural and Forestry enterprises may also need to invest in specialized equipments like automated milking machines, food processing equipment etc to come up with newer ways to boost productivity.How To Get The Best Deal?When seeking agricultural and forestry equipment financing, do keep in mind the following points:1. No one will lend money to you unless the lender is assured of your ability to repay. Hence, be prepared for filling forms, completing formalities and submitting documents.
2. Do not expect huge loans to be cleared overnight. These transactions do take a bit of time. Keep this in mind when making your plans. Do not forget to provide time to deal with loan related formalities and contingencies.
3. Make sure you fulfill the minimum qualifications to be entitled for a loan before you apply for the same.
4. Search around for the best deal. A loan that charges the lowest rate of interest will help you save a lot of money in the long run.
5. In your quest to get the best deal, do not end up dealing with fraudulent financing companies. Deal only with genuine financing companies.The forestry and agricultural financing companies are offering better and better deals. Some companies offer the facility of filling applications for the loans over the internet as well.